Eligibility for Free School Meals
Are you entitled to Free School Meals for your children?
Children in Year 3 and older (including secondary schools)
You can apply for free school meals and Pupil Premium from Year 3 onwards if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
***IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS BUT DON'T WISH TO CLAIM WE WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL IF COULD STILL FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM AS IT INCREASES THE OVERALL FUNDING WE RECEIVE AS A SCHOOL WHICH CAN ONLY BENEFIT OUR CHILDREN. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.***
Apply online at:- https://efsm.bristol.gov.uk/pls/educa/f?p=106:101:
New free school meals applications and renewals can be done online using the e-Free School Meals service. Submitting your application online has numerous benefits over a paper form:
- In most cases the checking system will be able to confirm your free school meals eligibility automatically
- You'll receive confirmation when your application has been received by the Free School Meals Team.
- There's no risk of your application getting lost in the post.
- Log back in at any time to update your information or renew your application, without having to complete a whole form.
Apply by post
If you would prefer to apply by post, please download the form below and send back to the address stated on the form
** If you need help completing the form please speak to the office **