Welcome to our St. Teresa’s Catholic Primary School Bristol website.
I hope the information provided on our website gives you an insight into the experiences and opportunities we offer our pupils to grow and flourish.
As a school, we pride ourselves on providing a learning environment and a variety of opportunities for our children so that every one of them may be helped to reach their full potential and make the most of their talents given to them by God. The care and well-being of every child is integral to the ethos of our Catholic school and we are blessed with a dedicated and committed team of staff and Governors who work hard to ensure this.
At St. Teresa’s we see ourselves as more than just a school, we are a school family. Our Catholic Christian Community and all aspects of our school life and work reflect our faith.
The mission of St. Teresa’s Catholic Primary School is to provide a Catholic education that inspires our school family to excellence in all our God given talents, where we let our lights shine for all to see.
Paper copy of information
If parents/carers require a paper copy of any information on our school website, please contact the school office.
To follow our Facebook page please click on the link below
Would you like to join our Governing Body?
A vacancy for Foundation Governor on the governing body has arisen at St Teresa's Catholic Primary, an outstanding school in Bristol.
The governors of a Catholic school work as a team, in close co-operation with the Headteacher and all the staff. All governors have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
In addition to this, foundation governors are appointed to ensure that the religious character of the school is preserved.
Governors perform the most important voluntary role in education and a full and diverse governing body is a source of enormous strength to a school.
Governors provide an external perspective and an ability to challenge assumptions and look for the best solutions. They bring enthusiasm, experience, and expertise from other areas of life and can act together as a well-balanced group of people to effectively support the Headteacher and staff to drive the school forward.
Volunteering as a governor is a great way to contribute to society, meet new people and improve the lives of children. You will develop transferable skills and learn more about the education system whilst putting existing skills and experience to good use. Full training is available.
What is the time commitments?
- 8 to 12 hours per month,
- Attend at least 3 full governing body meetings a year and sit on at least one subcommittee,
- Attend free training course to maximise your governance skills.
What does the role offer?
- A sense of achievement in helping to make a difference to children's progress and achievement,
- Access to a programme of free education/governance training,
- A chance to develop your own personal and leadership/management skills.
If you are interested please email our chair of Governors: email@example.com